The Grove City High School Marching Band has received over 30 Grand Champion awards over the last ten years in OMEA competitions. The band has received superior ratings at the OMEA State Marching Band Contest every year since the contest's inception in 1980.
- Marched in the Fiesta Bowl Parade competition in Phoenix, AZ in Jan 2009 and again in Dec 2012. Awarded Grand Champion in each parade. Awarded Grand Master's Trophy in 2012 for field contest
- Marched in the London New Year's Day Parade, 2005.
- Marched in Tournament of Roses Parade in Pasadena, California, in 1990 and again in 2000.
- Named the Grand Champion at Music Fest Orlando in the Parade Division Competition in Florida in 1993 and again in 1997.
- In 2002, the band took 5th place in the finals of Bands Of America Regional Competition in Louisville, Kentucky as well as winning Outstanding Musical Performance.
- In 2003 the band was invited to the 42nd Annual Contest Of Champions in Murfreesboro, Tennessee and placed 5th in finals.
Symphonic & Concert Bands
The Symphonic Band has consistently received superior ratings in Class AA at both district and state OMEA adjudicated events for over thirty years (since 1975), as has Concert Band I in Class B, and more recently Class A, for over twenty years (since 1984). Concert Band II performs in the Class C level, and earned straight superior ratings at both district and state adjudicated events in 2005.
Highlights for the Symphonic Band:
- Performed at the 50th Anniversary of the Mid-West International Band and Orchestra Clinic in Chicago, Illinois on December 19, 1996.
- Invited to perform at the Midwest Clinic again in 2002.
- Performed at the1993 and 2001 OMEA State Convention and was the clinician band for the composer Francis McBeth at the 1995 OMEA State Convention, as well as for Mark Kelly in 1989.
- Guest band for the Directors' Clinic at Miami University with Donald Hunsburger of the Eastman School of Music and H. Robert Reynolds
from the University of Michigan.